Old Fashioned Flowers

This necklace was a variation of my bridal piece. I got some new colors of Gilder's Paste and wanted to use the Pinotage right away. I first used a white primer on the flowers and lightly brushed the flowers with Pinotage and Gold.

Once the pinotage flowers were dry, I added verdigris and chocolate bronze leaves as well as a shabby chic white flower dusted in gold for contrast.

Once the pinotage flowers were dry, I added verdigris and chocolate bronze leaves as well as a shabby chic white flower dusted in gold for contrast.

Adding some elements that might work in the final piece including some homemade polymer beads. Spoiler alert - they didn't make the cut. xD

Adding some elements that might work in the final piece including some homemade polymer beads. Spoiler alert - they didn't make the cut. xD

Added amber and gold microbead centers.

Added amber and gold microbead centers.

The final result is an old-fashioned looking piece. Not sure I'm satisfied with it. It doesn't have that "something" that makes it work for me. I may add those beads pictured above and replace the bookchain and try to quirk it up. :)

The final result is an old-fashioned looking piece. Not sure I'm satisfied with it. It doesn't have that "something" that makes it work for me. I may add those beads pictured above and replace the bookchain and try to quirk it up. :)