If I Were A Bride

Hi y'all!

B'Sue's Creative Challenge for June is "If I Were A Bride". I've never made a piece of bridal jewelry, but wanted to work with tone-on-tone neutral brass flowers, so this was the perfect opportunity for a project. I think this piece would be great with a simple matte halter topped wedding dress.

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of my very early process, but I picked out raw brass flowers, leaves and a crescent blank for a base for the collage. Next came my favorite go-to colorant for brass flowers: good old-fashioned hardware store spray paint! Love the stuff! :D Texture and depth were added with a light brushing of gilder's paste on several layers. Here's the result:

My original thought was to use Czech glass bell flowers and pearl cabochons. I edited a bit once my final design came together.

My original thought was to use Czech glass bell flowers and pearl cabochons. I edited a bit once my final design came together.

Next came placement and cold connecting the larger flowers via micro screws - my new favorite thing. Those flowers aren't going anywhere!

Micro screws rule.  

Micro screws rule.

 

With the foundation securely in place, I added leaves and smaller flowers to fill out the necklace.

I love the texture that the leaves add to the composition.

I love the texture that the leaves add to the composition.

Voila! Finished necklace! The finishing touches of pearls, rhinestones and a multi-pearl necklace chain complete the look and add just a touch of sparkle.

I did this necklace in a day and it all came together perfectly. After struggling for several weeks to get anything to come together at all, this one clicked. I'm proud of this creation!

wedding necklace4.jpg